Monday, April 23, 2007

Love... By Cindy Choo

It’s better to lose your pride to the one you love, than to lose the on you love because of pride. We spend too much time looking for the right person to love or finding fault with those we already love, when instead we should be perfecting the love we give. That is to love as how Jesus would love – the perfect and unconditional love because everything that is good and beautiful comes from our Father in heaven – James 1:17-18, “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth that we might be a kind of first fruits of all he created.”

Therefore, I am also reminded that the ugly side of life is the result of sin, the very seed of sin that is in each and everyone of us since before we are birthed into this world. Lies, corrupt thoughts, hatred, unforgivess, etc is the very thing that Satan work within mankind to destroy lives. John 10:10, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” But isn’t it beautiful that we have Jesus on our side to breathe new life into our imperfect world, hopeless situation and unrelenting weaknesses?

That’s right… It is the same Jesus that we have invited and make as our Lord and Savior 1 year, 5 years or of several months ago that can make a difference! Jesus said this in the book of John, "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me-- just as the Father knows me and I know the Father--and I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life--only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father." If the many ones out there would come to know this God, surely many will find the reconciliation and wholeness in their being.

The current incident of the young Korean man in America is an example of how our fallen nature can so badly affect our every breathing day. He is reserved, a loner and having a sort of twisted mind according to many of his classmates. If this young man would have come to know the Lord, surely he will find a trusted friend, surely God will come and transform his mind, and surely he will find hope, peace and love! John 4:18, “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.”

Therefore, as Christ disciples it’s time for us to wake up from slumber and face the reality that many in this world have not heard of Jesus. We have a mission. A mission to share God’s love and if this is the best that we have received in this lifetime, why not share it? It might just save another young man or woman’s life or it might just be another of your friend or family member that is given another chance to receive new life – what goes around comes around… Here I rest my case.

No comments: